Thank you for your interest in WordFest.
With very few exceptions, authors who participate in WordFest are promoting new works. We ask all authors who would like to participate in WordFest to have their publisher or publicist send hard copy review materials as early in the publication process as possible. WordFest does not review electronic manuscripts. Due to the number of submissions we receive we are unable to return review materials.
The basic criteria for inclusion in the Festival:
- Publication within the year of the Festival or
- Previous year’s book and current year major award, and
- A fit with the programming
Publicists/Publishers/Consulates & Arts Councils
If you would like an author to participate in WordFest please submit the following review materials:
- an author biography and catalogue details for the title to be considered;
- a galley, ARC or finished copy (whichever is available for review) of the author’s upcoming/new work and,
- information about the author’s availability
Please send the materials to:
Eau Claire Market
117-200 Barclay Parade SW
There are always many more wonderful books than there are available programming spots. The selection of authors is a very difficult task and we thank all artists for submitting their work.
Phone: 403.237.9068 • Fax: 403.237.9093
Office Address: Eau Claire Market, 117- 200 Barclay Parade SW , Calgary, AB, T2P 4R5
Resource Development Associate
Education Program Assistant
Manager Book Rapport/ Festival des mots
Volunteer Registration Form
|General Inquiries and Information
For web related inquiries, please use our feedback form.